We will be hosting an Open Source Intelligence (“OSINT”) training course for Government of Canada security screening professionals from January 31, 2023 to February 2, 2023 in Ottawa.
The information below will describe who this course is for, what learners will take away from the course and how to register. It will also provide you with the contact information for a member of our team who can assist you with any further questions.
Who This Course is For
The Standard on Security Screening (“the Standard”) issued by the Treasury Board Secretariat requires that “Open Source” (i.e. OSINT) inquiries be conducted where an Enhanced Reliability or Enhanced Top Secret clearance is being contemplated. The Standard also states that “Open source checks may be conducted when not otherwise indicated as a mandatory security screening activity when adverse information is uncovered, for cause, or for the purpose of periodic monitoring as part of Aftercare (maintenance).”
This unique training course is specifically for screening professionals that work for departments that must comply with the Standard on Security Screening, and for those other organizations that have adopted the Standard on Security Screening.
What Participants Will Learn
We will teach participants about research sources and techniques so that they may effectively gather information from publicly available sources. Sources include but are not limited to social media sites; news media sites, public record and professional and academic sources.
We will also instruct participants on how to properly document their findings. They will leave with tools that can be used immediately after they return to work and for years to come. We promise the training will be hands on and immediately actionable.
Here’s what else participants will benefit from:
- Access to our online community of practice which is restricted to Canadian law enforcement and public sector investigators. The community includes toolkits, quick reference guides, how-to videos, OSINT related job postings and more!
- Our current handbook and access to future handbooks as they become available.
- Access to pre-course self assessments which are linked to pre-course materials to ensure that learner’s are ready for the in-class training.
- Each participant will be issued a certificate upon successful completion of the course.
The details of the training are provided below.
- Location: COLLABÜRO 499 Preston St, Ottawa, ON K1S 4N7
- Dates: Tuesday January 31, 2023 to Thursday February 2, 2023.
- Time: 8:30 until 4:30 each day.
- Fees: $1,157.92 per person plus HST (Total: $1,308.45).
Please note, learners must bring their own laptop computer. Here are the technical requirements:
- The training will be provided using a Microsoft Windows environment. The computer should be a Windows computer.
- The computer should have the Google Chrome browser installed. The Firefox browser is a nice-to-have but is not necessary.
- The computer must be able to connect to the Internet through a WiFi connection.
- The learner must be able to access social media, public record and image and video sharing sites (i.e. they are not restricted by information technology controls).
- It is recommended that the computer have a standard office program such as Microsoft Word™ or similar.
Participants can bring peripheral equipment if they wish to do so. Examples include thei power adapter, mouse, earphones or similar equipment.
At this time, the course will be delivered in English; however, assistance will be available in French on site.
The training is being delivered live and in-person. If you wish to explore our on-line self-paced training options please contact us and someone will be happy to assist you.
How to Register
For Single Learners
If you wish to register a single learner now please click the link “Continue to Registration and Payment for a Single Learner” at the bottom of the page to continue to registration and payment.
Please note, you will be redirected to osinttraining.net to complete the registration. Credit card payments are collected through an online payment processer; however, if you would prefer to call in your credit card details or to pay by some other method, please contact Simon at email@example.com, 613-233-8509 x 105.
For Multiple Learners
To register more than one learner, please contact Simon at firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-233-8509 x 105. We will provide you with the information we require to enroll multiple learners. We will also invoice you for the entire group at once. Various payment options are available.
The KeyNorth Group Difference
The KeyNorth Group has been providing OSINT training to law enforcement and public sector investigators since 2008. We also have a team of analysts that do OSINT investigations daily. This combination of experience means our firm is uniquely positioned to provide learners with a great learning experience in this unique field of investigations.
For any further questions please contact Simon at email@example.com, 613-233-8509 x 105.