KeyNorth Group provides investigation support services to businesses, financial institutions, government agencies, receivers and litigators.
As an investigation firm with expertise in litigation support, economic wrongdoing, insider misconduct and information-related crime, we leverage a network of technical, investigative and intelligence specialists to meet the diverse requirements of our clients.
We serve public and private sector clients, and their legal advisors, both locally and internationally. If you live outside of Canada and require services within the country, please contact us to learn more about how we can work with you.
SOME OF OUR RESULTS
- Supported a receiver in the recovery of over $4 million for victims of a Ponzi scheme.
- Located hundreds of judgment debtors for an insurer and supported their recovery efforts through our asset and background research services.
- Successfully conducted highly sensitive employee misconduct investigations involving information leaks at several large public sector organizations.
- Located estranged beneficiaries in estate matters.
- Helped a corporation stave off several dozen false warranty claims subsequent to a product recall notification.
- Researched and mapped a complex inter-related web of corporations and individuals to determine who the directing minds of the organization were.
- Identified evidence of a defendant’s failure to disclose records in a lawsuit, which led to a positive settlement for the client.
WHAT WE DO
We offer both fixed-range and customized investigative services to support litigation, depending on your needs.
Customized services: When a client’s requirements are unique, we provide customized investigation solutions to meet their specific needs.
Our customized services include:
- Litigation support for complex commercial matters
- Open-source intelligence gathering (OSINT), a type of cyber investigation using publicly available information
- Review for cause (security clearance) investigations
- Integrating, cleaning and analyzing complex and disparate data sets such as emails, access logs, witness statements, financial records and other data.
- First use and continuing use of trademark investigations
- Corporate investigations
- Administrative reviews and employee/internal investigations
- Insider threats
- Investigation management
- Lender and investor fraud investigation
- Breaches of employment contracts or employee codes of conduct
- Private information and data leak investigations
- General background inquiries
Fixed-range services: For clients who know what type of investigative support they need, we offer fixed-range services to help them manage costs and focus their energies where they’ll be most effective.
Our fixed-range services include:
- Location of individuals
- Asset research and asset tracing
Download or view our brochure to learn more about our forensic investigation services.
ORGANIZATIONS NEED TO KNOW
The Importance of Codes of Conduct
Organizations such as government departments, not-for-profits, NGOs, and corporations that have codes of conduct and values-ethics statements have an advantage as these documents establish ethical standards and fill gaps left by more prescriptive policies..
Public Servant Disclosures on the Rise
The number of allegations made under the Canadian government’s Public Servants Disclosure Protection Act rose from 169 in 2020-21 to 378 in 2021-22. See the full report here.
Corruption in Public Procurement
Transparency International has found that corruption can add as much as 50% to the cost of a publicly funded project. Read the full article here.