KeyNorth Group provides investigation support services to businesses, financial institutions, government agencies, receivers and litigation attorneys.
As a licensed private investigation agency with expertise in economic wrongdoing and information-related crime, we leverage a network of financial, investigative and intelligence specialists to meet the diverse requirements of our clients.
We serve public and private sector clients both locally and internationally. If you live outside of Canada and require services within the country, please contact us to learn more about how we can work with you.
SOME OF OUR RESULTS
- Supported a receiver in the recovery of over $4 million for victims of a Ponzi scheme.
- Located hundreds of judgment debtors for an insurer and supported their recovery efforts through our asset and background research services.
- Successfully investigated internal employee misconduct involving information leaks at several large organizations.
- Helped a corporation stave off several dozen false warranty claims subsequent to a product recall notification.
- Conducted hundreds of successful purchases of counterfeit products leading to the termination of vendor agreements and successful litigation efforts.
- Identified evidence of a defendant’s failure to disclose records in a lawsuit, which led to a settlement.
WHAT WE DO
We offer both fixed-range and customized investigative services to support litigation, depending on your needs.
Customized services: When a client’s requirements are unique, we provide customized investigation solutions to meet their specific needs.
Our customized services include:
- Litigation support for complex commercial matters
- Open-source intelligence gathering (OSINT), a type of cyber investigation using open sources
- Digital forensics
- Forensic auditing, fraud analytics and forensic investigation services
- Intellectual property rights infringement (brand protection) investigations
- Corporate investigations
- Administrative reviews and employee/internal investigations
- Investigation into assets in family law matters
- Lender and investor fraud investigation
- Breaches of employment contracts or employee codes of conduct
- Private information and data leak investigation
- General background inquiries
Fixed-range services: For clients who know what type of investigative support they need, we offer fixed-range services to help them manage costs and focus their energies where they’ll be most effective.
Our fixed-range services include:
- Location of individuals
- Asset research and asset tracing
Download or view our brochure to learn more about our forensic investigation services.
THE HIGH COST OF FRAUD
Occupational Fraud and Abuse
According to the 2016 Report to the Nations on Occupational Fraud and Abuse produced by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, the median loss for all cases in their study was $150,000, with 23.2% of cases causing losses of $1 million or more. Read the full article here.
Counterfeiting and Piracy
The International Chamber of Commerce estimates that the trade in counterfeits is worth an estimated $600 billion a year. Read the full article here.
Corruption in Public Procurement
Transparency International has found that corruption can add as much as 50% to the cost of a publicly funded project. Read the full article here.